Author: Alf Ludlam
Format: Paperback, 28 pages
Status: In Stock
A Peckett’s Travels by Alf Ludlam tells the story of Peckett 0-4-0ST No. 1749 Fulstow.
No. 1749 was constructed in 1928 by Peckett & Sons for Tarmack Roadstone Ltd. The locomotive spent the whole of its working life at Cawdor Quarry in Matlock.
Following retirement from the quarry in Derbyshire the engine was purchased by Brian Roberts. In 1979 Roberts sold the locomotive to Pete Clark who restored No. 1749 by 1988.
Less than ten years later No. 1749 was purchased by Great Northern Locomotives Ltd, who had been granted a Light Railway Order in 1991 and had purchased the trackbed between Louth and Waltham, which is now the Lincolnshire Wolds Railway. An overhaul of the locomotive was completed at Ludborough in 2010.