Author: Jack Kernahan
Format: Paperback, 112 pages
Status: In Stock
The Black Isle Railway, from Muir of Ord on the main line north from Inverness to Fortrose on the southern shore of the Black Isle, served a rural community made prosperous by its good quality land. The line was opened by the Highland Railway in 1894 and served the area for more than half a century.
Jack Kernahan covers the full history of this line, accompanied by more than 100 photographs and illustrations.
The Fight for the Black Isle
Construction and Opening
A Highland Branch Line
Henry Casserley’s Visit in 1928
James Stevenson’s Visit in 1948